These cold months are perfect for slipping into flirty layers and finding yourself hand in hand with your beau in a cozy locale. Here are a few suggestions for looking stylish while taking advantage of the many unique date spots the Tysons/D.C. area has to offer.
Try these date spots this winter:
- Warm up with a yummy latte at Classic Bakery (that is also a work of art and almost too cute to drink) while nibbling on a s’mores croissant, for a more laid back date. (Photos taken at the Tysons Corner location)
- Cozy up to your date and enjoy beautiful jazz music in the dimly lit room of Sotto (D.C.).
- Enjoy an atmospheric lunch or dinner at the artfully decorated Russian themed Mari Vanna restaurant in D.C.
- Join hands to glide across the ice at one of the many rinks open in the area (Reston Town Center Ice Skating Pavilion, Georgetown’s Washington Harbour Ice Rink, the National Gallery of Art Sculpture Garden ice rink to name a few.)
- Visit an exhibit at the National Building Museum or the Renwick Gallery. Past visits include happily “swimming” in what looks like a kid’s ball pit at the “Funhouse” exhibit at the National Building Museum, and feeling like a kid next to a giant colorful mushroom at the Renwick Gallery’s “Burning Man” exhibit.
Date Night Style
the larger the watch face, the better!
Casual meets glam
laid back graphic t-shirts paired with dressy skirts
Vintage inspired hats
to tie in more of that retro elegance while standing out from the crowd
bright, bold, ornate, oversized or colorful fur for the win
Silver or velvet (or both) ankle boots
grab his attention or put a smile on your face every time you look down
Midi or ankle-length skirts
for a retro elegance and class (may need to get yourself a pair of warm tights!)
Photo by local influencer, Kit Stanwood (KitStanwood.com), taken at Classic Bakery in Tysons Corner