Let your style goals for the year focus on “the power suit” and menswear for women.
In recognition of International Women’s Day (March 8th), suit up in a polished blazer and matching pants, ooze confidence, exude power, and celebrate women’s many accomplishments. Anything he can wear, you can wear (better). Gone are the days of dresses and underthings specifically designed to restrict women’s movement. There’s no slowing us down now.
Ways to style this trend:
- Try belting a pantsuit with a silk scarf or bold buckle
- Mix up a blazer with mismatched pants for a purposefully clashing statement look
- Pair an oversized blazer with skinny pants
- Layer a vest over a crisp blouse (don’t be afraid to shop in the mens’ section)
- Accessorize the suit with a colorful pocket square
- Peek a frilly tuxedo shirt out of a tailored blazer
- Adorn a classic button down blouse with a tie necklace
The Power Suit
Photo by Felipe Santander (@integrityline on Instagram)